Artichoke Lab

spring in winter

Friday, April 22, 2005

I wake up again and by the time I roll out of bed it's the next day waking up in bed and by the time I'm brushing my teeth a week has already gone by and I don't seem to know how to avoid this whole speeding up process which feels like it is creepingly sucking away my life. Pretty soon will years fly by as fast as days. That means I've got about 70 days left- max.
So I need to slow down. Do you? If you don't, can you explain to me how to beat it or get used to it? I am a chilled out guy and yet I still feel this city, this time in history, this technology, this communication, this population, this SPEED driving me into the ground.
Times are rough and we have to put in all of our energy into rallying for conflict resolution in all the different ways it is threatened and creating new ways. We are bad ass though aren't we, sticking it out in the woods of brick and dumpsters and ad deadlines and subway jazz.
"Slow Down." though, I must say to myself, "slowww dowwwwn." Somehow.

2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this post

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

time does not fly, you do... slow down

 

Post a Comment

<< Home